Corporate / M&A
No false friends. Making strategic decisions requires reliable and experienced partners. This applies to corporate law issues as much as it does to M&A, start-up or family businesses, investors or large corporations. SKW Schwarz has long-standing experience in legally designing important strategic decisions.
We advise companies of all sizes, whether corporations or partnerships, including medium-sized, often family-owned, businesses in all fields of corporate law. Primarily, this includes:
- Advice on organizational structure (corporate governance)
- Contractual agreements with executive bodies (general managers, members of executive, supervisory, and advisory boards)
- D&O liability
- Equity and debt financing (capital increases, shareholder loans)
- Cash pools
- Preparing and holding of shareholder and general meetings
- Group law
- Transactions under reorganization law (mergers, spin-offs, change of legal form)
- Joint ventures and strategic partnerships
- Matters of capital market law and restructuring
In addition, we advise our clients on all corporate compliance issues (preventive advice, including by drafting guidelines and training materials, and advice on handling compliance violations).
Our work also focuses on representing clients in disputes, both before ordinary courts and in arbitral proceedings, for example in shareholder disputes or shareholder actions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
When it comes to M&A, we cover such topics as corporate acquisitions and sales, joint ventures, or the acquisition and sale of majority and minority interests.
Additionally, our practice group has extensive experience in advising founders, start-ups, private equity and venture capital investors, and funds. Ranging from seed funding to growth financing (including co-investment or mezzanine investments) up to the exit.
In these areas, we accompany our clients during the entire transaction: structuring, conception, drafting and negotiating contracts, closing, and post-acquisition design.
Specifically, our advice includes:
- Due diligence and legal risk management
- Acquisition structuring and financing
- Drafting and negotiating the contractual documentation (including corporate acquisition contracts, participation agreements, joint venture agreements, or shareholder agreements)
- Implementation of management and employee participation models
- Advice on structured sales processes
- Merger control
Collaborating across offices and legal fields, we merge specializations and capacities into task teams that tackle highly complex legal transactions. Both in terms of quality and efficiency, our teams’ performance compares to significantly larger competitors.
Internationally, we show the same commitment to quality. Since most of our clients operate outside of Germany, conducting cross-border transactions, our legal advice caters to that.
Worldwide and at all times, we guarantee competent advice to our clients. We are a member of TerraLex, an international network of law firms, and we cooperate with selected partner firms.
Upon request, we ourselves can regulate legal matters, coordinating foreign lawyers and law firms.