Frank van Alen
It was my affinity for finance topics that inspired me to train as a banker. In addition, I then qualified as a certified specialist lawyer. I have been working in the area of banking law ever since.
Frank van Alen advises banks and savings banks, especially when it comes to litigation. His expertise ranges from banking supervision law to the market launch of new products.
In terms of corporate law, he advises shareholders and general managers on founding new companies and restructuring existing ones. He is familiar with the legal implications governing limited liability companies, limited partnerships, as well as registered associations. Mr. van Alen’s expertise further includes M&A transactions concerning companies and holdings.
- 1979 - 1981 Apprenticeship as bank clerk and in loan processing at a major German bank
- 1981 - 1988 Law studies at the University of Hamburg
- 1988 - 1990 Legal clerkship in Schleswig-Holstein
- 1991 Admitted to the Hanseatic Bar in Hamburg
- 1991 - 1993 In-house lawyer with a Hamburg-based tax consulting company
- 1991 Specialist course in tax law in Detmold
- 1994 - 2003 Lawyer (since 1997 partner) with a medium-sized commercial law firm in Hamburg
- 2003 - 2009 Lawyer and partner at Schlutius Rechtsanwälte in Hamburg
- Since 2009 Specialist lawyer for banking and capital market law
- Since 2010 Attorney and Partner at SKW Schwarz
Awards & Recognitions
Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers: Germany's best lawyers 2022, 2023
Recommended lawyer in the category "Corporate Law"