Dr. Alexander Steinbrecher, LL.M. (Tulane)
Partner (Of Counsel)
Companies do not need lawyers. They need solutions to problems that are in line with their interests and that reconcile what is economically reasonable and legally feasible in the best possible way. That is what I am hired for and that is what I am committed to. With heart and mind.
Thanks to many years of international experience as a corporate lawyer and attorney-at-law, Dr. Alexander Steinbrecher knows how to advise and represent clients even in disputes that seem hopeless, especially at the interface between corporate law/M&A and procedural law. As a trained mediator and one of the most renowned lawyers for the out-of-court settlement of commercial disputes, he focuses on an expeditious, economically sensible and interest-oriented dispute resolution for his clients. His passion for the use of technology in legal advice is a testament to his creativity and innovative spirit to help businesses obtain justice efficiently and effectively.
- Studied law at Albert Ludwig University in Freiburg and Humboldt University in Berlin.
- Postgraduate studies (LL.M.) at Tulane University School of Law in New Orleans, USA
- Interdisciplinary graduate program and doctorate (Dr. jur.) at European University Viadrina in Frankfurt/Oder
- Training as mediator in Germany and the USA
- Lecturer in arbitration law, conflict management and dispute resolution in corporate law at European University Viadrina in Frankfurt/Oder; Guest Lecturer at Humboldt University in Berlin, Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, and at universities in Poland and the USA; Lecturer in the Master's program Mediation and Conflict Management at European University Viadrina in Frankfurt/Oder
- Head of Legal, Bombardier Transportation and Alstom
- Since 2021 with SKW Schwarz
- Admitted to the Berlin Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
The Legal 500 GC Powerlist: Germany 2017, 2019
The Legal 500 GC Powerlist: Germany 2018
Contributions to collective works
- Two articles in "International Arbitration Perspectives for Business", 2022