Jens Borchardt, LL.M.
You want to legally protect an innovative business model? Digitalize business processes? Or protect your intellectual property? If you want digital know-how to yield critical added value, SKW Schwarz is the right partner for you!
Jens Borchardt has been a lawyer for more than 15 years and advises companies on matters of IT law, data protection law, media law and copyright law, and on IP law (competition law, trademark law, and design law). His clients include IT service providers, e-commerce providers, agencies, banks and fintechs, other technology and media companies, healthcare companies, and major brand manufacturers. He is particularly interested in new technologies and the challenges of digital transformation, especially related to eHealth, FinTech, and innovative legal services.
- Degree in Business Administration (BA) with major in Business Information Technology, Stuttgart University of Cooperative Education, Mercedes-Benz AG
- Studies of Law, University of Hanover, University of Göttingen, and Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- Master‘s degree (European Legal Informatics Study Programme, EULISP), University of Hanover and Universitet Stockholm, degree: LL.M. (Legal Informatics)
- Lawyer at a major international law firm in Hamburg
- FWCTC Manager Stuttgart, FIFA World Cup Ticketing Center / CTS Eventim AG: Management, coordination, and overall responsibility for all local ticketing facilities and ticketing processes for the 2006 FIFA World Cup at the Stuttgart location
- Head of Legal, SinnerSchrader AG
- Establishment of own law firm: Lawyer and Partner
- Since 2013 Lawyer and Partner at SKW Schwarz
Awards & Recognitions
Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers: Germany's best lawyers 2020-2022
Recommended lawyer in the category "IT Law"
Jen Borchardt is member of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht und Informatik (DGRI), Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV), Working Group IT Law at Deutscher Anwaltverein (davit) and Working Group IP & Media at Deutscher Anwaltverein (AGEM).