Dr. Christoph Wiegand, LL.M.
The intellectual property of our clients concerns the core of their business and it is necessary that the products resulting from ideas can be offered on a fair market. The protection of our clients' intellectual property is therefore given top priority in our daily work.
Dr. Christoph Wiegand's practice focuses on intellectual property law (in particular, trademarks, patents and unfair competition). He advises national and international clients from various industries on dispute resolution in and out of court, often in cross-border cases. This includes in particular the enforcement of trademark/patent and unfair competition claims and the defense against the assertion of such claims by third parties. In addition, Dr. Wiegand supports his clients in the enforcement of trademark registrations before the EUIPO and the DPMA. His main areas of practice also include issues relating to commercial and corporate disputes, contract law and from international private and civil procedural law.
- Advising and representing a homecare company against the enticement of employees by a competitor and against the competitor's obstruction.
- Representation of fashion companies in the enforcement of various trademark and competition rights (in particular imitation protection) against competitors as well as advice with regard to trademark, design and unfair competition law issues
- Representation of a medium-sized pharmaceutical company with regard to contractual, commercial and damages claims
- Advising and representing an organiser or publisher of trade events and publications with regard to trademark (title rights) and unfair competition law issues
- Representation of a manufacturer of car accessories with regard to patent infringement claims
- Advising and representing a supplier of spare parts for furniture with regard to infringement claims under copyright, trade mark and unfair competition law
- Law studies in Heidelberg and Bonn
- LL.M. studies at the University of Durham (UK)
- Doctoral studies in Lüneburg
- Lawyer with an international law firm and an IP boutique in Frankfurt
- Since 2021 with SKW Schwarz
- Admitted to the Frankfurt Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers: Germany's Best Lawyers 2023
Recommended lawyer in the category "Ones to Watch" in the field of "Intellectual Property"
Dr. Wiegand is a member of the The German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR), the German-British Lawyers Association e.V. (DBJV) as well as the German Bar Association e.V. (DAV).
Dr. Wiegand is legal advisor of Kinderhilfestiftung e.V., Frankfurt am Main.