Dr. Alexander Schmid-Lossberg
Partner (Of Counsel)
I consider it a particularly stimulating challenge to develop practical solutions in the conflict that arises between the rapid changes in our working environment caused by digitization and the slowly changing or static legal framework. In negotiations, I am asserting the client’s interests while striving to achieve an acceptable and sustainable result for all parties in the end, wherever possible.
Dr. Alexander Schmid-Lossberg specializes in collective labor law. He has particular experience in negotiating collective agreements and works agreements.
Dr. Schmid-Lossberg also focuses on issues of digitization in the working world.
After many years in leading positions in the business world, the employment law expert with long-standing corporate experience applies his expertise from international HR and the media, health, and logistics sectors at SKW Schwarz.
- Studied law in Hamburg
- 1991 Doctorate in European Law, University of Hamburg
- 1989 - 1995 worked for a large German publishing group, most recently as head of human resources
- 1995 - 1998 Spokesman of the Board and Labor Director of a German textile company
- 1998 - 1999 Senior Vice President Human Resources at a telecommunications provider in Brussels
- 1999 - 2006 Director Human Resources at a pharmaceutical and diagnostics company
- 2006 - 2008 Executive Vice President Human Resources and Legal Affairs at a logistics company in Switzerland
- 2008 - 2017 Head of Corporate Human Resources in the already mentioned large German publishing group
- Since 2018 with SKW Schwarz
Awards & Recognitions
Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers: Germany's best lawyers 2020-2023
Recommended lawyer in the category "Employment law"
Dr. Schmid-Lossberg is member of the Board of Trustees of Berlin Humanities Centers, the Board of Trustees of the International School of Management (ISM) and of the Future Council of the Sparda Banks.
Dr. Schmid-Lossberg is lecturer at Berlin School of Economics and Law. Furthermore he has been a Chairman of the Board of Hamburg Media School Foundation from 2015 to 2021.