Dr. Eberhard Kromer MBA,
Cert. specialist attorney, Copyright and Media Law
Cert. specialist attorney, Commercial and Corporate Law
Eberhard Kromer’s practice focuses on corporate, copyright and media law.
Based in the start-up and media capital of Berlin Mr. Kromer advises national and international companies on issues ranging from daily business of “corporate housekeeping” to complicated and challenging commercial scenarios.
When developing the best legal solution he focuses on the actual entrepreneurial goal of a client. Legal services and solutions serve and follow the corporate goals of a company.
Eberhard Kromers traditional focus in media law is entertainment and music. He counsels artists, publishers, labels, internet service providers, managements, as well as tour promoters. He has been active and well-versed in digital commerce issues since the inception of the internet. Eberhard`s practice is constantly affected by rapidly changing e-commerce models, social media platforms and ongoing digitization (Web 4.0 Internet of Things, IoT).
His many years of experience as General Counsel and VP Business Affairs for a global media corporation give him the insight to recognize a corporation`s operational strengths and weaknesses. This enables him to find the best solution together with and for the client.
Eberhard Kromer teaches at various universities and institutions throughout Germany (e.g. Steinbeis University Berlin, Humboldt University Berlin, University of Popular Music and Music Business). Moreover, Eberhard Kromer is Legal Counsel of the International Music Managers Forum IMMF and Chairman of musicians association DOMUS e.V.
Admitted to the bar since 1988
- Master degree in Media Management MBA
- Doctorate in media science
- Certified as specialized Attorney for Commercial and Corporate Law and as Attorney for Copyright and Media Law
- Teaching and lectures at various universities e.g. Steinbeis-Hochschule Berlin, UdK, Erich Pommer Institut et al
- 12 years head of the Legal Department of Sony Music Entertainment GSA
- 10 years Management Board of Sony Music as VP Business & Legal Affairs
- 8 years entrepreneurial responsibility (national and international) for Sony Music’s eMedia activities
Urheberrecht – Rechtliche Grenzen bei „360°-Verträgen“ in der Musikindustrie In: IP-Rechtsberater, Heft 12/2014, p. 283 ff
20. February 2013
Angemessene Vergütung in der Digitalen Welt. Ansprüche aus §§ 32ff und §§ 36f UrhG bei non-physischen digitalen Nutzungen insbesondere von Musik. In: AfP Zeitschrift für Medien- und Kommunikationsrecht, Heft 1/2013, S. 29 - 34
20. January 2008
Wertschöpfung in der Musikindustrie. Zukünftige Erfolgsfaktoren bei der Vermarktung von Musik
09. November 2010
Seminar im Rahmen des Weiterbildungsprogramms des Erich Pommer Instituts „Survival of the Fittest. Don’t Lose, Manage Your Rights!“
- International Association of Entertainment Lawyers (IAEL)
- Union des Avocats Européens (UAE)
- Wissenschaftliche Vereinigung für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht (VGR)