SKW Schwarz advises companies in different industries and of different sizes in Germany and abroad as well as wealthy private individuals on matters of tax law.
Our tax specialists provide support in tax planning and in tax procedural and trial law. Their work focuses particularly on drafting, designing and implementing corporate acquisition and sales, but also on structuring and financing. They are available to their clients in a wide array of projects, such as estate planning, setting up foundations or matters of tax avoidance including the law regarding fiscal offenses.
Our experts possess additional qualifications in tax matters (specialized tax lawyers) and proven expertise and experience in tax law. For specific issues they collaborate closely with peers specialized in other fields of law as part of our effort to provide comprehensive advice for our clients' success. Thus, for complex and specific matters, such as M&A transactions, international collaboration or for wealthy private individuals, they can assemble customized teams and produce optimum and carefully targeted solutions in order to implement these successfully.
Since tax law frequently is an essential component of corporate decision-making, our focus also remains on the fiscal structuring of projects particularly from the standpoint of corporate law, as well as on private equity/venture capital structuring and mezzanine financing.
Key aspects of our work in Tax law
- Tax structuring of transactions (M&A) and financing
- Tax-optimized planning advice in corporate structures
- Advice on fund structures (real estate funds, private equity, venture capital, etc.)
- Comprehensive assistance and tax-optimized advice for private individuals, in particular also in an international context (e.g., estate planning)
- Succession planning for entrepreneurs and private individuals
- Tax procedural and trial law, tax avoidance
- Drafting of first and second opinions, including for peers
- Reorganization tax law
- International tax law
- Assisting domestic and foreign investors in making cross-border investments
- Designing of and advice on closed-end funds, particularly also with respect to cross-border issues
- Designing of and advice on international foundations or trusts under private law
- Restructuring tax advice