Apart from information and communication technology, medicine and healthcare as well as biotechnology will probably be the most important growth areas in the future. A team of SKW Schwarz lawyers has therefore specialized on life science and biotechnology issues. We advise pharmaceutical companies, producers of medical devices and biotechnology companies and their founders at all stages of the value chain. The most important issues are:
- Protection of intellectual property rights: We ensure the protection of patent and intellectual property rights for the products of our clients and advise them on how to best license their products.
- Corporate/corporate finance: Our Life Sciences/Biotech department has considerable expertise with growth-related issues, in particular growth financing, for example by venture capital, private equity, capital increases or mergers and acquisitions.
- Distribution law: We check and draft distribution agreements and give advice on all legal matters which may arise in day-to-day distribution business.
- Regulation and product liability: We support clients during the drug approval process, in matters of laboratory regulations and in all issues related to producer liability for defective products.
We joined the Biolegis network in order to supplement our own expertise with international experience. Biolegis brings together independent law firms from currently 14 European countries. It provides our clients access to about 120 life science lawyers and is probably the largest network of its kind in Europe.
The Biolegis members have considerable experience with the following issues:
- monitoring and enforcement of intellectual property rights;
- production and distribution regulations;
- environmental protection;
- product liability;
- research and development;
- license agreements;
- EU regulatory law;
- corporate finance, private equity, IPOs;
- mergers and acquisitions.