Mergers and acquisitions are an indispensable strategy tool for all groups of companies and mid-size corporations following a strategic approach, with the aim to improve its position within a competitive market.
SKW Schwarz has long standing experience in the mergers and acquisitions business, whether in Germany or within an international context. We focus on mid-market transactions. We provide our support to the transaction, from its start up to its final implementation:
- structuring and financing;
- negotiation and drafting of confidentiality agreement and letter of intent;
- legal due diligence for the identification and comprehensive assessment of opportunities and risks of the transaction;
- negotiation, drafting and implementation of the contractual documentation;
- support in the context of a bidding process, be it for the seller (structuring and process backup, seller due diligence), be it for the potential acquirer / bidder (structuring and set up of the offer);
- coordination of the specialists for related legal sectors, as required for a specific transaction, for example employment, intellectual property, unfair competition and antitrust, real estate or tax.
Our international connections to independent law firms in other jurisdictions enable our clients to quickly and cost-efficiently implement also complex cross-border transactions. The individual selection of the foreign law firm is made exclusively with regard to its quality and the specific interest and needs of each individual client.